Hi-Dose Vitamin C Sachets
Clinicians Hi-Dose Vit C is a potent buffered formulation containing 2 forms of Vitamin C that may effectively support the immune system in times of stress. When ills and chills strike it can be taken every 2-3 hours.
RRP $31.99, healthy.co.nz price $24.99.
- Clinicians Hi-Dose Vit C has been designed to support the body’s defenses against winter ills and chills
- A specialised research-based buffered formulation containing 2 forms of vitamin C, (sodium ascorbate and ascorbic acid) that may support immune function during times of stress
- Studies indicate that frequent high dosing with vitamin C can significantly impact the recovery period following immune stress
- Vitamin C may be depleted from the body during immune, physical and emotional stress, so more needs to be consumed at these times
- Vitamin C is also required for hormone and neurotransmitter production
1 sachet in water or juice 1-2 times daily.
Each level 5ml teaspoonful contains:
Vitamin C (from sodium ascorbate) (equiv. Sodium 372mg) 2850mg; Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 700 mg; Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 3 mg.
Also contains: natural flavourings and thaumatin.
No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
Precautions & Contraindications: Do not take high doses of vitamin C if you have a gastric ulcer or ulcerative colitis. Gastric ulcer or Ulcerative colitis: vitamin C is generally well-tolerated, however people with gastric sensitivities are advised to take this product with food or to lower the dose if bowel discomfort occurs.
Side Effects: High dosing of vitamin C may lead to bowel discomfort in some individuals. Diarrhoea, flatulence and bowel distension may occur as a result of high dosing. Reduce the dose if these symptoms are of concern. If you are on any other medication, please consult with your health professional before taking this product. If symptoms persist or you have any side affects please contact your health professional.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: Suitable to take during these times. High dosing of vitamin C to bowel tolerance should be done under supervision of a health professional during these times.
Drug interactions: Antacids - Vitamin C may enhance absorption of aluminium from aluminium-containing antacids. Do not take vitamin C within 2 hours of using these medications. Iron - Vitamin C may enhance the absorption of iron when taken together. Copper, Vandadium - Vitamin C may interfere with the body's utilisation of these minerals.