Rose Otto Night Cream
This anti-aging overnight rescue cream, developed to penetrate deep into the skin's epidermal layer, works to fight and repair wrinkles, instantly hydrating and restoring the natural intercellular structure and leaving the skin radiant, smooth, rejuvenated and intensely moisturised.
RRP $27.99, healthy.co.nz price $24.50.
Pure Organic Rose Otto Oil is an uplifting and aromatic essential oil, acclaimed through the ages for its use in natural skin and hair care.
We combine this precious oil with a complex proprietary blend of bioactive, natural and organic ingredients, including Menyanthes Trifoliata (an aquatic plant clinically tested for its healthy-aging properties).
Our uniquely aromatic overnight cream moisturises effectively, leaving the skin hydrated, replenished and nourished.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Apply liberally, as and when required.
Why Rose Otto?
Rose oil has left an indelible mark in the history of essential oils. This fragrant, aromatic oil has been used in perfumery, cosmetics and medicine for many centuries.
Rose Otto is one of the most expensive aromatic essential oils, extracted through careful steam distillation, from the petals of the Rosa damascena species (Bulgarian or Damask rose). Genuine distilled Rose Otto oil is absolutely pure and extremely valuable, requiring approximately 4,000kg of flowers to produce 1kg of oil.
Rose Otto oil is successfully used in cosmetic products to inhibit the formation of fine lines and to fight premature skin aging. It improves the skin's health, texture and colour, making it looking smoother, younger, softer and luminous. It calms, balances, uplifts and invigorates the skin. It also nourishes and fortifies the hair leaving it in superb condition.
The Benefits of Rose Otto.
- The delicate and fragrant molecules of Rose Otto are able to quickly penetrate and travel the micro pathways of the body, rapidly energising every cell, bringing harmony and beauty to the body.
- Along with aphrodisiac, antidepressent, antiseptic and astringent properties it is considered a panacea with tonifying, soothing, relaxing, and uplifting properties that can create a sense of well-being and promote inner relaxation , and balance.
- Rose Otto has a multitude of beneficial effects on the skin. It is wonderful in promoting a youthful tones look, elasticity and naturally coloured complexion.
- It has excellent stimulating, emollient and hydrating properties, which help the skin to stay soft and properly moisturised as it fights dryness, dehydration and aging leaving skin glowing. It also helps minimise the appearance of fine lines.
- It is suitable for all skin types, but it is especially valuable for dehydrated, sensitive, and irritated skins.
- It is highly nourishing and regenerative for dry skin types and gentle, calming and soothing, for sensitive and inflamed skin.
- Rose Otto, a naturally occurring antioxidant 
- It is also a healing oil  that can promote tissue regeneration and may help with normal scar tissue formation, without any excess scar tissue of fibrous matter.
- It has a tonic and astringent effect on the capillaries just before the skin surface, which makes it useful in diminishing the redness caused by enlarged and broken capillaries. This results in a more evenly coloured, healthy looking complexion.
 M. Aslam Khan, Shoaib-UR-Rehman. Extraction and Analysis of Essentional Oil of Rosa species. International Journal or Agriculture & Biology 1560-8530/2005/07-6-973-974.  Yassa N., Masoomi F., Rohani Rankouhi E.E., Hadjiakhoondi A. Chemical Composition and Antioxidant Activity of the Extract and Essential oil of Rosa damascena from Iran, Population of Guilan. Daru Vol. 17, No. 3 2009.  Terence M. Murphya, Carol M. Hamiltona. A Strain of Rosa damascena Cultured Cells Resistant to Ultraviolet Light. Plant Physiol. 1979 December; 64:(6): 936-941.  A. Nikbakht, M. Kafi. A study on the relationships between Iranian people and damask rose (rosa damascene) and its therapeutic and healing properties.  Umeza T, Ito H, Nagano K, Yamakoshi M, Oouchi H, Sakaniwa M, Morita M. Anticonflict effects of rose oil and identification of its active constituents. Life Sci. 2002 Nov 22;72(1):91-102.  Alfreda Wei and Takayuki Shibamoto. Antioxidant Activities and Volatile Constituents of Various Essential Oils. J. Agric. Food Chem., 2007, 55 (5), pp 1737-1742.  Kumar N, Bhandari P, Singh B, Bari SS. Antioxidant activity and untra-performance LC-electrospray ionization-quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectometry for phenolics-based fingerprinting of Rose species: Rosa damascena, Rosa bourboniana and Rosa brunonii. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009 Feb; 47(2):361-7.  De Almeida RN, Motta SC, de Brito Faturi C, Catallani B, Leite JR. Anxiolytic-like effects of rose oil inhalation on the elevated plus-maze test in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2004 Feb;77(2):361-4.  Hassan Rakhshandah, Mahmoud Hosseini, Karim Dolati. Hypnotic Effect of Rosa damascena in Mice. Iranian Journal of Pharmaceautical Research (2004) 3: 181-185  Hongratanaworakit T (Hongratanaworakit, Tapanee). Relaxing Effect of Rose Oil on Humans. Natural product Communications Vol 4 Pag 291-296 2009.  Boskabady MH, Kiani S, Rakhshandah H. Relaxant effects of Rosa samascena on guinea pig tracheal chains and its possible mechanism(s). J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Jul 19;106(3):377-82. Epub 2006 Feb 28.  H. Tabrizi , S. A. Mortazavi and M. Kamalinejad. An in vitro evaluation of varioud Rosa damascena flower extracts as a natural antisolar agent. International I. Volatile oil composition of Turkish rose (Rosa damascena). Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture Volume 64 Issue 4, Pages 441-448  Bradley BF, Starkey NJ, Brown SL, Lea RW. The effects of prolonged rose odor inhalation in two animal models of anxiety. Physiol Behav. 2007 Dec 5;92(5);931-8.
Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Glyceryl stearate, Dicaprylyl ether, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter, Rosa canina (Rose) fruit oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Menyanthes trifoliata (Buckbean) extract, Cetearyl glucoside, Rhus verniciflua peel wax, Rosa canina (Rose) flower water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, Passiflora incarnata (Passionflower) seed oil, Xanthan gum, Chondrus crispus (Carrageenan) extract, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Rosa damascena (Rose otto) flower extract, Passiflora incarnata (Passionflower) extract, Tilia europaea (Linden) flower extract, Calendula officinalis flower extract, Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) flower extract, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) flower oil, Eugenia caryophyllus (Clove) flower oil, Rosa damascena (Rose) flower oil, Parfum, Ascorbic acid, Citric acid, Sodium benzoate, Potassium sorbate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol, Linalool.
Not for internal use. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not apply to broken or irritated skin. If sensitivity occurs discontinue use. Avoid this product if you are allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use on animals. Store in a cool dry place, away from direct sunlight.
The ingredients are as unique as nature itself, therefore colour, odour and consistency may vary. This does not affect the quality of these products.