Fully Active Folate
Doctor's Best Fully Active Folate Quatrefolic. Functional deficiencies of the essential nutrient folate (folic acid) are common and can impair key life processes including gene-level regulation, cell growth patterns and tissue repair, from before birth through old age. Best Fully Active Folate provides MTHF (5-methyltetrahydrofolate), the folate form most directly required for DNA regulation and other fundamental metabolic processes. Vitamin C is included for added stability. MTHF is identical to the body's most highly active folate form. Helps correct inherited and lifestyle related folate deficiencies. Supports healthy mood, memory, circulation and well-being. 400mcg per veggie cap. Vegan. 90 Veggie Caps
Doctor's Best Fully Active Folate Quatrefolic:
- MTHF is identical to the body's most highly active folate form
- Helps correct inherited and lifestyle related folate deficiencies
- Supports healthy mood, memory, circulation and well-being
Suggested Adult Use: Take 1 capsule daily, preferably between meals, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
What is Doctor’s Best Fully Active Folate?
Doctor’s Best Fully Active Folate supports healthy mood, memory, circulation and well-being.* Best Fully Active Folate provides 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (MTHF) from Quatrefolic®, the active form used by the body for DNA regulation and other fundamental metabolic processes. The body cannot make folate on its own and must obtain it from foods or dietary supplements. Functional deficiencies are common and can impair key life processes including gene-level regulation, cell growth patterns and tissue repair -- from before birth through old age.
How does it work?
5-methyltetrahydrofolate (MTHF) is the body’s ultimate resource for methyl groups (–CH3), which are essential for numerous enzymes that manage a complex web of metabolic pathways.
Methyl groups from MTHF are necessary for many life processes. These include:
- Synthesis of DNA, RNA and other molecular machinery for protein production.
- Higher-level gene regulation via activation and deactivation (“epigenesis”)
- Production of the hormone melatonin and the brain transmitter’s serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline
- Recycling of the potentially toxic metabolite homocysteine, into nontoxic methionine
- Wrapping of nerve cells with myelin protein, to optimize their electrical conductivity
- Supplying “one-carbon” groups (e.g., methyl) to drive numerous metabolic reactions
Is this a neutral folate salt or is it still a version of folic acid?
This product is a neutral folate salt in that it has the glucosamine salt in it to make it more stable. There is no folic acid in this, but rather the FOLATE that is bio-identical to the most active form in the body. Folic Acid is the fully oxidized compound that has to be converted by the body to the active form.
Ingredients per 1 Veggie capsule: Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 40mg, (6S)-5-MethylTetraHydroFolate (MTHF) 400 mcg (elemental, as 800 mcg (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine
salt (vegetarian source)). Non GMO and Gluten free. Excipients: Modified cellulose (vegetarian capsule), cellulose. Contains no ingredients other than those listed.
Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis SPA
Keep out of reach of Children. Suitable for all women pregnant or of childbearing age.