Cararthron for Healthy Joints - 50% off
Cararthron®. A combination of herbal extracts to provide additional nutritional support targeted to helping maintain healthy joints and joint function. Support joint health. Cararthron is a patented blend of traditional plant extracts, combining Indian Ayurvedic and Chinese traditional medicine. Used alone for over 3,000 years, the herbs Acacia catechu and Scutellaria baicalensis (Baikal skullcap) have now been combined in this unique herbal supplement Cararthron, clinically tested and proven to relieve arthritis pain and stiffness. Naturally sourced arthritis relief. Cararthron - relief with confidence. Made in Australia. 30 capsules
Usually $34.95 Save 50%
What is Cararthron®?
- Cararthron is a new improved formula of naturally sourced plant extracts for arthritis relief which has been tested in clinical trials
- Two plant extracts are used: Scutellaria baicalensis and Acacia catechu, and both of these have been used traditionally in oriental and Ayurvedic medicine for their anti-inflammatory properties.
- The active ingredients are natural anti-inflammatory agents called flavonoids. Scutellaria baicalensis contains baicalin, baicalein and wogonin. Acacia catschu contains catechin and epicatechin.
How does Cararthron® work?
The management of arthritis symptoms is a complex one. Most medications inhibit the enzymes responsible for pain and inflammation called cyclo-oxygenase (COX-1, COX-2) selectively and effectively. However, the imbalance of these enzymes can lead to serious side effects.
The active natural anti-inflammatory agents called flavonoids contained in Cararthron is thought to work by managing all 3 enzymatic pathways involved in inflammation (COX-1, COX-2 and LOX) reducing the incidences of side effects.
Why use Cararthron®?
- Studies have shown that regular intake over 4-12 weeks results in providing relief from pain and an improvement of mobility with reduction in stiffness. It may help improve overall joint function.
- Cararthron has an excellent tolerability profile with minimal side effects and no known interactions with blood thinning drugs such as aspirin.
- Cararthron also helps to maintain healthy cardiovascular function with benefits to your heart as well.
Cararthron® Relief with Confidence
- Cararthron is useful as a dietary supplement that can assist in the management of the common symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Cararthron helps provide relief for pain and stiffness associated with rheumatoid and osteoarthritis and may help improve overall joint function.
- Cararthron has been clinically tested and regular intake over 4-12 weeks resulted in an improvement of mobility and reduction in stiffness.
- Cararthron helps maintain healthy cardiovascular function.
Adults: Take 1 or 2 capsules daily with meals. Not suitable for children.
Please note: Just like with any anti-inflammatory, you need to take an initial loading dosage to get on top of the inflammation, before reducing to a maintenance dosage.
The studies recommended a dosage of 2 capsules twice a day. This is usually taken after a meal. Do not have a cup of tea, green tea, coffee or chocolate containing beverage for up to 1 hour afterwards, for maximum absorption.
Once you have better control of your pain/inflammation, you could then try reducing the dosage, by 1 capsule at a time, until taking 1 capsule twice a day.
REMEMBER: Once you have reduced your dosage, on the days when you are extra active, you may need to increase your dosage back up to 2 capsules twice a day for a day or two, to compensate for the extra use of your joints. One under control again, reduce back down to your maintenance dosage.
Looking for an alternative to standard over the counter anti-inflammatories?
As someone who has taken a lot of anti-inflammatories and pain killers this year, for the herniated disk I have in my neck, I am always on the look out for an effective, but " gentle on the stomach" anti inflammatory to take, instead of the ones my pharmacy stocks or that my GP can prescribe. If this is 100% natural and contains only herbal ingredients, then even better for me and my poor stomach.
I heard about Cararthron at least 10 years ago, when it first came to New Zealand.
Patented Herbal Products - I LOVE these!!!
I love patented herbal products, backed with heaps of research and if this product has specifically been involved in randomized, double blind studies that I can read about, then even better. It is always good to read about the actual benefits of the specific product, rather than generic information on the herbs added to the formula.
Studies Cararthron has been involved in
Twice daily Cararthron was evaluated for 12 weeks in a randomized, double blind, active-comparator study against naproxen (A doctor prescribed anti-inflammatory drug that also comes in the over the counter pharmacy product Sonaflam), in 220 subjects with moderate to severe osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee.
Method: In the original randomized, double blind study, 220 subjects were assigned to receive either Cararthron (UNIVESTIN™) at a dosage of 500mg twice daily or Naproxen 500mg twice daily for 12 weeks.
In this subgroup analysis, primary outcome measures included:
- The Western Ontario and McMaster University OA index and sub-scales
- Timed walk and secondary efficacy variables. These included:
- Investigator global assessment for disease and Global response to treatment
- Subject visual analog scale for discomfort
- Overall disease activity and global response to treatment
- Index joint tenderness and mobility were evaluated for differing trends between the study groups.
The results revealed statistically significant differences between Cararthron & Naproxen
This is what they found:
Subset analyses revealed some statistically SIGNIFICANT differences and some notable trends in FAVOR of the Cararthron group.
These trends became stronger the longer the subjects continued on the Cararthron.
These observations were specifically noted in:
- Older subjects - Those > 60 years
- Subjects with milder disease
- Particularly those with lower subject global assessment of disease activity & investigator global assessment for disease
- Faster walking times at baseline
The Conclusion of this study comparing Cararthron and Naproxen
The conclusion from the initial analysis of the entire intent-to-treat population revealed that cararthron was AS effective in managing the signs and symptoms of Osteo Arthritis of the knee.
A detailed analysis of the subject subsets demonstrated DISTINCT trends, in FAVOUR of Cararthron, for specific groups of subjects.
Each Cararthron capsule contains 250mg UNIVESTIN™ UP446 a proprietary patented blend of: Scutellaria Baicalensis root extract equiv to dry root 2500mg and Acacia Catechu herb extract dry concentrate equivalent to dry heartwood 715mg.
Each gelatin capsule contains 250mg UNIVESTIN™ UP446, a proprietary patented blend of: Scutellaria baicalensis (Baikal skullcap) equivalent to dry root 2500mg and Acacia catechu equivalent to dry heartwood 715mg. Also contains encapsulating aids. Manufactured in Australia.
Keep out of reach of Children. Not suitable for children. Cararthron has an excellent tolerability profile with minimal side effects and no known interactions with blood thinning drugs such as aspirin.
In the clinical trials, the side effect incidence rates for Cararthron® were comparable to or slightly higher than placebo. The reported adverse events for Cararthron® include hypertension, varicose veins, fluid in knee, and psoriasis. There were no reports of anyone experiencing gastrointestinal difficulties in a 90-day human clinical trial.
The most common side effects that patients report with Cararthron® are nausea, diarrhea and flatulence, which are often mild and do not usually require discontinued use of Cararthron®.