Solgar L-Tyrosine Tyrosine is involved with the following: It may help to elevate the mood, is involved in the production of melanin pigment of skin and hair, its important for adrenal, thyroid and pituitary gland function, helps control appetite, control body fat levels and is involved in the metabolism of phenylalanine. 50 Vegetable Capsules
RRP $34.10, healthy.co.nz price $27.50.
The amino acid L-Tyrosine is said to help:
Elevate mood. Important for adrenal, thyroid and pituitary gland function. Help control appetite and body fat levels. May assist during withdrawal from addictive drugs. Involved in synthesis of epinephrine and dopamine. Involved in the production of melanin pigment of the skin and hair.
Directions for use: As a food supplement for adults, one (1) vegetable capsule daily with juice or water in between meals, or as directed by your health care practitioner. Do not exceed directions for use.
Amino acids are the chemical units or building blocks, which make up proteins. Unlike fats and carbohydrates, proteins contain approximately 16% of nitrogen, and are the body's only source of this essential element. Nitrogen-containing proteins make up the muscles, ligament, tendons, organs, glands, nails, hair and many of the body fluids. They also form part of the enzymes, hormones and genes in our body and are essential for growth and repair of the bones.
Proteins are essential for good health, and after water, make up the greatest portion of the body's mass. There are approximately 29 commonly known amino acids which link together in an almost limitless sequence to form more than 50,000 different proteins and at least 20,000 known enzymes. However, each type of protein is tailored for a specific need and the sequence of amino acids it contains cannot be interchanged. This means that a deficiency of a specific amino acid can lead to a failure to provide that specific protein for the body.
Amino acids are key elements in the production of neurotransmitters, chemical compounds which enable signals to be passed through the nervous system. This makes the availability of the specific amino acids needed, important for proper functioning of the nervous system.
In the human body, the liver produces some 80% of the amino acids we need. These are so-called non-essential amino acids. The Essential amino acids, which make up the remaining 20% are; Isoleucine, Lysine, Phenylalanine, Tryptophan, Leucine, Methionine, Threonine, Valine.
Two others, Arginine and Histidine are important in the first year of life; until the body acquires the ability to manufacture them.
Most of the amino acids can exist in two forms. One being the mirror image of the other. The two forms are known as the L- and D- series. Because the L- series amino acids exist in the same form as those found in living plant or animal tissue, they are considered to be more compatible with human biochemistry and therefore preferred.
The amino acids which form a protein In the body are all L-series amino acids, with the exception of phenylalanine which can also occur as a mixture of D and L. The process of assembling amino acids in the body are all L- series amino acids, with the exception of phenylalanine which can also occur as a mixture of D and L.
The process of assembling amino acids in the body to make proteins is continuous. If the body needs more cells, more cell proteins are produced. If more enzymes are needed, more enzyme proteins are made and so on. However, if one or more of the amino acids cannot be provided when needed, the protein shortage may lead to any number of health problems. Amino acids are also vital for the utilisation of vitamins and minerals, and a deficiency of any specific amino acid may lead to reduced effectiveness of processes based on vitamin and minerals.
Each vegetable capsule provides L-Tyrosine 500mg. vegetable capsule shell (hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose) Bulking agent: Microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose. Anti caking agents: Magnesium stearate, stearic acid.
Keep out of reach of Children. Not suitable for children except with medical advice. Contraindicated with adrenal tumours and with those who take MAO inhibitor drugs.