Self Test Food Sensitivity Test Kit
Aquarian Laboratories Food Sensitivity Test. Are the foods you eat making you sick? Using a few drops of blood, the Food Sensitivity Test assessment will analyze your body's reaction to 96 common foods through detection of food-specific IgG antibodies via ELISA methodology. If you are a vegetarian, you can have the 95 Vegetarian Panel, instead of the 96 Common Foods. As well as this, you can also choose to have the 16 Common Inhalant Panel. All of these tests can be done, using this test kit box and your blood sample. There is an additional cost for each test available using this food allergy test kit.
Once you have taken your test sample, put into the envelop and send off with your credit card details. Results take approximately 1 month, once received at Aquarian Laboratories in Australia. Aquarian Laboratories will charge your credit card, once the receive your sample.
With this test kit, you can choose to have these tests, with these additional costs:
96 Common Foods or 95 Vegetarian Foods AUS$265
16 Common Inhalant Panel AUS$120
If you want to choose the 96 Common Foods, PLUS the extra 15 Vegetarian Panel, thats an EXTRA AUS$120, on top of the AUS$265 (so AUS $385)
Size1 Test kit
Are you allergic to the food you are eating? Allergic reactions to common foods such as milk, wheat, corn, soy, citrus, tomatoes and peanuts are common and may be mistakenly attributed to a passing viral infections or a recurrent "cold".
The relationship between the many common symptoms; including fatigue, headache, anxiety, as well as itchy runny nose and puffy eyelids and the allergies that caused them, may go unrecognized for years. Increased stress, recurrent infections or declining health may add to the burden of chronic allergies.
Chronic health conditions such as arthritis, gastrointestinal disorders, autoimmune disease, eczema and migraines can be linked with food allergies and can develop into chronic conditions if the offending allergens are not discovered and removed from the diet. The Food Sensitivity Test kit will help to identify allergic reactions to 93 common foods. If your test reveals allergic reactions, a 4 day rotational diet plan will be sent, as part of your results.
The cost of this test kit is NZ$89.95. There are ALSO additional laboratory fees on top of this fee, of AUS$265 for the 96 Food Test and AUS$120 for the Common Inhalants Panel. If you are a vegetarian, you can have 95 Vegetarian Panel tested, INSTEAD of the 96 Common Foods OR you can pay an additional AUS$120 and have the 15 vegetarian foods tested, AS WELL as the 96 Common food panel (so this will be AUS$385)
When you send your sample in, you must enclose your credit card details, to cover the additional fee, which will depend on how many panels you are choosing - 1 or all 3 on offer.
This means if you are having JUST the 96 Common Foods tested OR the 95 Vegetarian, your credit card will be charged an additional AUS$265.
This means if you are having JUST the 16 Common Inhalants tested, your credit card will be charged an additional AUS$120.
Please do not send your sample in without your credit card details.
All panels are NOT suitbale for ages less than 6 months.
Read this document carefully before using the content of the foil package. NOTE: Do not throw your foil bag away. Your sample must be contained in this to return to Aquarian Labs
Each blood collection card and lancet is for one-time use only.
- Avoid strong repetitive pressure (‘milking’) on the pricked finger. This may cause hemolysis or tissue-fluid contamination of the specimen.
- Do not rub or smear the blood sample.
- Air dry only.
- Missing or incomplete information on the test requisition form will delay the processing time of your specimen.
- There is a $10 fee for insufficient, rejected or unlabelled specimens received.
- Allow a sufficient quantity of blood to soak through to completely fill in the preprinted circle on the filter paper. Fill all required circles with blood. No not layer successive drops of blood or apply blood more than once in the same collection circle.
- It is suggested that you maintain your usual dietary habits and consume a variety of foods when possible within a couple of weeks prior to blood collection, unless advised otherwise by your healthcare practitioner.
- Avoid eating foods that may have potentially resulting in a previous adverse reaction and/or anaphylaxis, as secondary exposure may prove fatal.
- We strongly recommend consulting your healthcare practitioner prior to making any changed to your current medication regimen.
- Immunosuppressive drugs such as oral or intranasal corticosteroids (e.g. prednisone, beclomethasone, fluticasone, triamcinolone) and topical cortisone suspensions and creams, in addition to immune-modulating drugs, may affect test results for antibody assessment. For purposes of the assessment, the suggested time period to abstain from these is four weeks or until symptom aggravation.
Warnings and Precautions.
The kit contains a silver bag containing a desiccant and a humidity indicator. To preserve the integrity of the desiccant, do not leave the bag open before, during, or after blood collection.
Do not use the kit when ALL circles on the humidity indicator are pink. Leave the humidity indicator and desiccant inside the bag with the collected specimen and seal the bag tightly for shipment.
Do not perform this test if you are taking blood thinning medications or if you have a blood clotting disorder – unless given authorisation by your healthcare practitioner.
The lancet is not suggested for use on children younger than one year old.
The lancet provided has a needle depth of 2.0 mm. Caution is advised when using it on young children who may have an insufficient finger-surface-to-bone/cartilage depth as use may result in injury or infection. Consult your health care practitioner for guidance on this.
Blood samples should not be collected for swollen or previously punctured sites, earlobes or fifth fingers. The fifth finger must not be punctured because the tissue-depth is insufficient to prevent bone injury.
Aquarian Laboratories Whole Blood Specimen Collection Kit is intended to be used as a medium to collect and transport a blood specimen to the laboratory for testing. Prescription only.
All panels not suitable for ages less than 6 months.
Number of Spots Required:
- General Food Panel – 5 Spots
- Vegetable Panel – 3 Spots
- Inhalant Panel – 3 Spots.
Step 1 – Filing the Personal Information on your Blood Spot Collection Card Requisition Form.
• Complete all relevant sections of the test requisition form.
• Print your name and date blood collected on Blood Collection Card.
• Fold the cover over, to expose the Blood Collection Pad.
When collecting blood – Collect enough blood that the entire circle is completely filled. Check the backside of the card to make sure that the circle is not soaked throughout. Do not rub or smear. Repeat process for all remaining circles. Do not use heat to assist drying.
An example of acceptable blood spot collection card
Example of an Unacceptable blood spot collection card
Step 2 – Collecting the Blood Sample.
• Wash hands thoroughly in warm soapy water for 1 minute and dry.
• Wipe out edge of ring OR middle finger with alcohol pad. Allow briefly to air-dry.
• Twist off blue tab to break seal on lancet.
• Position lancet against outer edge of ring OR middle finger. Press down until an audible click is heard.
• Press gently from below puncture site to allow for a large drop of blood.
• Apply a hanging drop of blood within the first circle. Use your thumb to gently massage the length of the finger towards the puncture site. This will help to form multiple drops of blood.
Step 3 – Drying and Mailing the Blood Spot Collection Card
• Holding the card on the outer edge, slightly bend collection card away from cover to allow air to flow beneath the collection paper. Air-dry completely for at least 3 hours. Keep specimen away from moisture and sunlight.
• Tuck cover into flap as indicated
• Place completed test requisition form and collection card inside business return envelope.
• Please sealed envelope in mail box.
A checklist for the items that you need to return to (Aquarian Laboratories):
The Sealed Silver Bag containing
• Blood Spot Collection Card
• Humidity indicator
The Requisition Form.
All panels are NOT suitbale for ages less than 6 months.
Are the foods you eat making you sick? We've all heard the familiar saying you are what you eat. But did you know that maintaining a healthy body involves more than just a healthy diet? Certain foods can trigger immune system responses which can strain even a healthy body and if continued over time, can potentially cause many debilitating illnesses.
Who has allergies? Almost everyone knows someone who suffers from symptoms of allergy, including wheezing, runny nose, irritable bowel, migraine headaches, skin rashes, or a host of other common uncomfortable and often debilitating problems. Conservative estimates are that as many as 25% of the population have significant allergies to some types of foods, chemicals or inhalants. The true incidence of allergy and intolerance may be considerably higher when including the less dramatic symptoms of occasional anxiety, joint aches, generalised fatigue and water retention as well.
So what can you do? A simple test to identify elevated antibodies to foods and inhalant allergens. This is done through the ELISA method. The ELISA method is a precise and accurate method to identify your food and inhalant allergies. As well as this, you can also choose to have 16 Common Inhalants panel. If you are a vegetarian, you can have the 95 Vegetarian Panel INSTEAD of the 96 Common Foods. If you want to chose the 96 Common foods AND the 15 Vegetarian Panel, this will be an extra AUS$120 on top of the AUS$265. Choose either one, or you can have all three tests - 96 common foods tested &/or 95 Vegetarian foods &/or 16 Common Inhalants tested.
The 96 General Foods tested are:
Dairy: Casein, Cheddar Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Whey, Milk, Goat Milk, Yogurt.
Fish/Crustacea/Mollusk: Manila Clam, Atlantic cod, Dungeness Crab, Hallibut, Lobster, Red Snapper, Pacific Salmon, Scallop, Western Shrimp, Sole, Yellow fin Tuna.
Vegetables: Asparagus, Avocado, Beet, Broccoli, White cabbage, Carrot, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Garlic, Lettuce, Common Mushroom, Black olive, White onion, Green bell pepper, Sweet potato, White potato, Pumpkin, Radish, Green spinach, Squash, Zucchini, Red tomato.
Grains/Legumes/Nuts: Almond, Amaranth Four, Barley, Kidney, Lima, Pinto, Soy & String Beans, Buckwheat, Coconut, Corn, Filbert, Wheat gluten, Lentil, Oat, Green peas, Peanut, Pecan, White rice, Rye, Sesame, Spelt, Sunflower, Walnut, Whole wheat.
Fruit: Apple, Apricot, Banana, Blueberry, Cranberry, Grape, Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Papaya, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Plum, Red raspberry, Strawberry.
Meal/Fowl: Beef, Chicken, Chicken Egg White and Yolk, Duck Whole egg, Lamb, Pork, Turkey.
Misc: Cocoa Bean, Coffee Bean, Honey, Sugar Cane, Bakers and Brewers Yeast.
New 95 Vegetarian Panel: Replace the blue italic foods in the above general 95 Common Foods panel with the following: Cantaloupe, cherry, watermelon, navy bean, cashew nut, flaxseed, kamut, millet, pistachio nut, quinoa, brown rice, artichoke, bean sprouts, eggplant, pepper chilli. If you would like these extra 15 vegetarian foods tested AS WELL AS the 96 General Common Foods, you will be charged an additional AUS$120 (so thats AUS$385)
16 Common Inhalant Panel is:
Grass: Bahia, Bermuda, Brome (Smooth), Johnson (Perennial), Rye
Indoor: Cat antigen, German Cockroach, Dog epithelia, Dust Mite Mix (house dust)
Mould: Alternaria tenuis, Aspergillus fumigatus, Cladosporium herbarum, Penicillium notatum.
Aquarian Laboratories testing will help you discover with ease what you need to avoid in your diet and environment to help minimize symptoms from unnecessary inflammatory processes due to daily exposure. Aquarian Laboratories are an Australian company passionate and dedicated to providing you with easy to use, reliable, accurate and convenient test kits enabling you to take control of your healthcare goals and your life. Many clinicians believe biochemistry holds the key to anti-ageing, and unresolved symptoms such as stress, tiredness and loss of libido. Aquarian Laboratories will inform and educate you giving you the information to take control and maintain your health and enjoy a better quality of life. Samples are sent to Aquarian Laboratories in Australia for testing. Once these have been received by NLS, your results will be forwarded to you within approximately 4-5 weeks. All reports and client details remain confidential at all times.
This Self test kit contains your collection instructions, a return addressed envelope (postage stamps needed), some general information, your personal detail form, 1 sterile swab, 1 Lancet, 1 sealed blood spot card and 1 band aid - Everything you need to take the test.
Ensure you return your blood spot collection card in your foil bag, with the desiccant pad and the humidity indicator. Ensure you have filled in the requisition form and have included your credit card details to pay for the cost of the test/s chosen.
All panels are NOT suitable for ages less than 6 months.
Keep out of reach of Children. All panels are NOT suitbale for ages less than 6 months.