Maybe Baby Fertility Tester
Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester. An easy to use, reusable mini-microscope to help you identify your most fertile days and the ideal time to conceive. A simple and convenient saliva test that detects levels of estrogen. The level of estrogen increases dramatically around 2 to 3 days before ovulation and reaches its peak around the time of ovulation. Maybe Baby uses increased levels of estrogen to help you identify the ideal time to conceive and maximise the possibility of a successful pregnancy. Takes about 10-15 mins. Re-usable month after month.
PRICE DROP!! Was $99.95 - NOW $55.95!!
Size1 Test kit
The level of estrogen (female sex hormone) in saliva increases dramatically two to three days prior to ovulation and reaches its peak during the day of ovulation. High levels of oestrogen are evident in a saliva sample when viewed through a microscope. The Maybe Baby microscope gives you the ability to view your own saliva sample and can therefore help determine the most fertile period of your reproductive cycle. Maybe Baby can help maximise the possibility for a successful pregnancy.
When dried saliva is viewed through a microscope it reveals distinct patterns. These patterns will help you determine which stage of your cycle you are in.
Who is Maybe Baby suitable for?
Couples who want children and will benefit from knowing when conception is most probable. The Maybe Baby can help determine this time, because the level of estrogen in saliva increases dramatically 2 to 3 days prior to ovulation and reaches its peak during the day of ovulation. At this time, the fern leaf structure should clearly be visible.
Couples who want to increase the probability of the desired gender of the child conceived. male sperm swim faster but die sooner. if you are trying for a boy, having sexual intercourse the day of ovulation may increase your chances. Female sperm swim slower but live longer. if you are trying for a girl, having sexual intercourse 2-3 days before ovulation and abstaining afterwards may increase your chances.
Before using Maybe Baby please read the instructions completely.
The accuracy of results will depend on how well the instructions are followed.
How to use your Maybe Baby
Please ensure that you have not eaten or drunk anything for at least 3 hours before using the Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester as the saliva sample needs to be free of contaminants. Food, drinks, toothpaste, mouthwash, chewing gum and smoking will interfere with the results. Drinking water will not affect the results.
We recommend that you take the sample first thing in the morning, before eating or brushing your teeth.
1. Remove the protective cover (Fig. 1).
2. Remove the viewfinder by gently pulling it straight out of the housing (Fig. 2).
Do not unscrew the rotating eye piece from the viewfinder.
3. Clean the sample plate with the lint-free cloth provided (Fig. 3).
NEVER apply water directly to the sample plate or viewfinder.
4. With a clean dry fingertip, place a drop of saliva onto the sample plate and spread a layer ensuring that you cover the entire surface (Fig. 4).
Gently glide any bubbles to the side of the sample plate onto the black area.
Saliva from underneath your tongue should contain the least amount of bubbles.
5. Allow the saliva sample to air dry - only dried saliva will produce patterns.Patterns are not viewable when wet. This should take approximately 10-15 minutes.
Do not use any heated appliances to reduce drying time as this may affect the patterns formed. View your results soon after the saliva sample has dried as prolonged exposure to air may interfere with the results.
6. After the saliva sample has dried, reinsert the viewfinder into the housing cylinder (Fig. 5).
7. Hold the Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester up very close to your eye and press the light switch on the bottom. Rotate the viewfinder to focus the image until a clear pattern is seen (Fig. 6).
8. Compare the image to the ones shown in this leaflet and record the results on the Fertility Cycle Chart provided.
9. Clean the dried saliva from the sample plate with the lint-free cloth. If the dried saliva is hard to remove, moisten the cloth only with a small drop of water.
10. Replace the protective cover.
Maybe Baby® Easy Ovulation Tester is a mini-microscope that shows the link between oestrogen and the salt levels in your saliva. As ovulation approaches, your oestrogen levels increase and this increases the salinity (salt levels) of your saliva.
When dried saliva is viewed under a microscope, the crystallised patterns that are formed by increased salt levels are different from patterns which form when salt (and oestrogen) levels are low.
The mini-microscope has a 52x power magnification lens. By monitoring your saliva everyday and comparing the image of your dried saliva in the viewfinder, you can determine your most fertile days.
- At the beginning of your cycle oestrogen levels are low and your Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester will show a pattern of pebbles or dots.
- As you approach ovulation oestrogen levels begin to rise and a transitional pattern of ferns and pebbles/dots will be visible.
- Around ovulation, oestrogen levels peak and a distinctive 'fern' pattern will be visible.
- After ovulation, as oestrogen levels fall, a transitional pattern or a pattern of pebbles/dots will be visible again.
Please note the above diagram is based on a typical 28 day cycle. Every woman is unique and your cycle may vary in length and can be different from month to month.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many times can I use Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester?
Your Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester can be re-used over and over. There is nothing further to buy or replace, other than the batteries, which may eventually need to be replaced.
2. Should I start using the Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester on the days just before I expect to ovulate?
Unless you have very regular cycles and are sure of the days before you ovulate we suggest using the Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester mini-microscope every day so that you become familiar with your cycles. Some cycles may be longer or shorter and your fertile period can also
vary. That's why it is recommended to chart your cycle using the Maybe Baby Fertility Chart.
3. Will cigarettes/chewing gum/toothpaste affect the Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester reading?
Yes, basically anything that you put in your mouth (besides water) may affect the Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester reading as it affects your saliva. You need clean saliva to get a reliable reading.
4. Is Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester suitable for everyone?
No. Although Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester works for most people it will not work for everyone. Anything that affects oestrogen levels in the body may affect the results. This may include your age, medications, infections, breastfeeding and pregnancy.
High oestrogen levels may produce an ongoing ‘ferning’ pattern while low oestrogen levels may not be picked up by the microscope. Oestrogen levels can be tested by your doctor through a simple blood test.
5. Will breast-feeding affect my results?
Yes, if you are breast-feeding your results could be inaccurate. This is due to hormonal changes in your body.
6. Can Clomid affect the Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester results?
Yes, Clomid can affect the results of Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester as Clomid affects your oestrogen levels. For some women it does not affect the results but for others it does and this means that your results may be unreliable.
7. Does Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome affect the result on my Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) can affect oestrogen levels. Anything that affects oestrogen may affect the reliability of the Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester results as Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester works by measuring oestrogen levels in the saliva. This means that your results may be unreliable. If you suffer from PCOS, you should consult your healthcare professional for further advice.
8. Can Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester be used as a contraceptive?
NO. Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester is NOT intended to be used as a form of contraception.
1 Protective Cover
2.1 Eyepiece (rotating part of the viewfinder through which you look to view results)
2.2 Saliva Sample Plate (flat clear surface of the viewfinder)
3 Housing Cylinder
4 Light Housing
4.1 Light Switch
4.3 Light Globe
4.4 Protective strip around batteries (may vary in colour)
Occasionally the connection between the Maybe Baby batteries may need adjusting.
If the light suddenly stops working or only works at times, please follow the instructions to adjust the battery.
Adjusting the batteries.
Unlock the base by turning the light housing (grey end of Maybe Baby - Part 4) Anti clockwise.
Gently remove the housing
Remove the coloured plastic protective covering enclosing the batteries.
Remove the batteries
Insert the batteries positive (flat) side up
Replace the base and lock it into position by turning clockwise.
BE GENTLE - Do not force the batteries out without unlocking the base first. This could result in the base being broken.
Disclaimer: The distributor is not responsible, nor liable, for wrong use and incorrect interpretation of the results. Maybe Baby is to be used only as an aid in family planning and not as a form of contraception. Maybe Baby has been tested in prominent medical institutes in Europe for its reliability. Maybe Baby is listed and approved under the TGA for sale in Australia.
For any further information please refer to the enclosed leaflet within your Maybe Baby package.